The Battlefield series is famous for it’s long-lasting and ever changing multiplayer modes. This week, EA revealed the next title update to their iconic game that will arrive on consoles this Friday. The new patch includes five free maps, a complete overhaul of weapon tuning, as well as improvements in characters’ movements.
Electronic Arts and developer DICE have released a new title update for Battlefield 2042. This is the game’s second significant update since its premiere less than a week ago, and it intends to enhance the entire gaming experience even more. While the majority of this patch focuses on squashing many of the remaining bugs and other problems that have begun to show in Battlefield 2042, there are also some important balancing changes.
Among the most significant changes in this latest Battlefield 2042 update are several adjustments to the game’s weaponry. To begin with, one of the game’s greatest firearms has already been nerfed after many players complained that it was too strong. In addition, DICE has altered the bullet spread on every weapon in the game, implying that accuracy should be enhanced across the board.
As previously stated, this new Battlefield 2042 update is now available on all platforms. This means that you can receive these new updates right now whether you’re playing on an Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, or PC.
If you want to see the whole set of patch notes for this new release, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
- Except for shotguns, bullet spread has been decreased on all weapons. As a consequence, gameplay should be more accurate.
- Vertical recoil on the PP-29 has been increased to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when used outside of its intended battle range.
- Fixed an issue where players who died near impediments like walls or water were unable to be resurrected.
- Players who were locked in a downed condition and unable to respawn have been fixed. We’ve also included a hidden timer that will trigger after 30 seconds of being in a downed state, forcing a redeploy if necessary.
- Nightbird MD540 Mounted 20mm Cannons – We’re lowering the radius at which rounds do damage and the amount of splash damage they cause.
- Reduced the size of the Blast Radius from 3 to 2
- Inner Blast Radius damage has been reduced from 1.5 to 0.75.
- We are decreasing overall damage and the range at which rounds perform complete damage while increasing the overall bullet spread on the KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm Cannon (side mount).
- Blast Radius was reduced from 2 to 1.6.
- Blast Damage has been reduced from 20 to 14 points.
- Bullet damage is reduced from 18 to 15 before Damage Fall Off begins.
- Damage Fall Off distance has been reduced from 200 to 180 meters.
- Bullet damage has been reduced from 8 to 6 at the maximum Fall Off distance.
- Bullet range and spread have been increased.
- We are limiting the radius at which bullets deal damage upon contact and minimizing their splash damage on the AH-64GX Apache Warchief and KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm Cannon.
- Blast Damage has been reduced from 20 to 18 points.
- Damage Fall Off has been increased for adversaries farther away from the bullet impact point.
- The Minigun’s total damage has been lowered for all Land Vehicles, and bullet damage reduction has begun sooner.
- Bullet damage is reduced from 18 to 13 before Damage Fall Off begins.
- Falling Damage is Reduced From 60 to 40 meters away
- Bullet damage has been reduced to 6 at the maximum Fall Off distance.
- The LCAA Hovercraft’s equipped armor type has been changed, making it more vulnerable to certain weapon kinds.
- UAV-1 – Battlefield Portal
- Within Battlefield Portal, the UAV-1 has been re-enabled.
- Health regeneration time and speed have been greatly sped up.
- Missile damage against vehicles and troops has been increased.
- The drone may now kill foes on the road.
- Breakthrough matches will now terminate when the final sector has been captured appropriately.
- Players queuing for a match in Battlefield Portal were directed back to the menu instead of entering the match when a spot became available, which was fixed.
- Game stability has been improved in general to avoid rare instances of game crashing.